
So due to the fact that I'm unable to go to work, and move around I have A LOT of time on my hands. I've been watching TV, reading blogs, reading magazines, working on my project for class, and my new favorite thing searching YOUTUBE. Youtube didn't really interest me until this morning. I was watching the news and they were doing a piece on a group of elderly people (ages 70-95) who are in a choir. They don't just sing hymns, they do covers - like Sonic Youth, Coldplay, The Ramones. For those of you who know me well, you know my love for old people. I go out of my way to talk to them (remember New Orleans Becky?). So of course I had to watch them perform. They are called young@heart and there is a documentary being made about them (I believe the release date is this month). So here is my favorite performance - it's 'Fix You' by Coldplay. Get out your tissues - because I'm not going to lie, you might tear up! If you want something more lighthearted, I'd suggest watching them perform "I Want to be Sedated' by the Ramones. Anyway, enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u6k-99qcCE
I also included the trailer for the movie - looks so good!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3uOOhm8Fj8
1 comment:
I heart this!
Post a Comment