So my recovery has been slow, but steady. Each day I walk more and more and at a faster pace. I can safely say that I'm not walking as if I'm in 95! I attempted going back to work Monday afternoon, but suddenly realized I was way too ambitious. This was a lesson learned: listen to your mama. Somehow Jane-o (my mom) truly is always right. Well I only had 1/2 hour to go of school and my legs started to tremble. The kind of tremble your legs might do after a very long, intense workout, magnified by 75! So I came home, immediately took some meds. and laid down on the couch. I decided to take the rest of the week off to fully recover. It's a good decision. I started massage therapy today (a bit of a perk to all of this). It felt so good, we worked on multiple stretches and he did a doosey on my pressure points. I left the therapist with loose joints and feeling optimistic (a feeling I have been missing for multiple weeks now). The best part, this massage therapy was doctor ordered so my insurance covers them. Great stuff!! My aunt came out the other day and is offering her services for the next few days. It's been a terrific help! With Joe juggling work, Elise and a sick wife - having an extra set of hands has been much appreciated.
So I really need to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers because I am beating this disease and I plan on making a full recovery! I'll hopefully be back to walking at my usual brisk pace in a few weeks and maybe even running a few miles in the next couple months.
Take Care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to go Annie! Glad to hear things are looking up.
So happy that you are feeling better! Keep well rested and massaged : )
Love ya
I am so happy for you that you aren't 95 anymore!!!!! I was so scared for you!
Post a Comment