We made it through the first week! I have to say it couldn't have been done without the help of our family and friends. My mom and aunt were here to help out the first week of Olivia's arrival! They cooked, cleaned, and entertained. As you can see from one of the pictures - we reenacted the Wizard of Oz. Elise directed and was Dorothy, Mom was the Scarecrow and Tin Man, Aunt Sylvia was the Lion, Joe was the Wicked Witch and I was in charge of taking pictures. It was hysterical watching them all and sweet Olivia slept through the entire show! It was wonderful to have them here and we're very thankful for them! After my mom and aunt left, Joe's parents arrived. They are staying with us until the end of this week. Joe has his first presidential duty at the Southern Graphics Council in Chicago. He left today, so his parents are helping me out with the girls. Thank goodness because Elise has another ear infection and chest cold. So the help is appreciated. Joe's brother and his family also made a stop to meet Olivia and visit Elise. Elise had a blast with her cousins and we enjoyed their company. Olivia and Elise are adjusting well to their new lives. Olivia is so sweet and Elise has shown what a great big sister she's going to be. We feel very fortunate to be living so far away, but to have such great families to come out and offer a helping hand! Enjoy the pictures that I posted.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
The First Week
We made it through the first week! I have to say it couldn't have been done without the help of our family and friends. My mom and aunt were here to help out the first week of Olivia's arrival! They cooked, cleaned, and entertained. As you can see from one of the pictures - we reenacted the Wizard of Oz. Elise directed and was Dorothy, Mom was the Scarecrow and Tin Man, Aunt Sylvia was the Lion, Joe was the Wicked Witch and I was in charge of taking pictures. It was hysterical watching them all and sweet Olivia slept through the entire show! It was wonderful to have them here and we're very thankful for them! After my mom and aunt left, Joe's parents arrived. They are staying with us until the end of this week. Joe has his first presidential duty at the Southern Graphics Council in Chicago. He left today, so his parents are helping me out with the girls. Thank goodness because Elise has another ear infection and chest cold. So the help is appreciated. Joe's brother and his family also made a stop to meet Olivia and visit Elise. Elise had a blast with her cousins and we enjoyed their company. Olivia and Elise are adjusting well to their new lives. Olivia is so sweet and Elise has shown what a great big sister she's going to be. We feel very fortunate to be living so far away, but to have such great families to come out and offer a helping hand! Enjoy the pictures that I posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can I just say, I LOVE YOUR FAMILY!!!! I would have loved the show!! Glad to hear everything is going well so far. I hope E will start feeling better soon. You are so blessed!
Post a Comment