Thursday, April 2, 2009








So, I really don't have much to write about at this point in time. We're adjusting well to life as a family of four. Joe's parents stayed with myself and the girls while he was at his conference in Chicago. It was great to have them help out. After they left, Auntie Gina and Brian stopped by on their way to Washington D.C.. We enjoyed their company! Elise loved the attention she got from everyone the past few weeks. At night after we put her down for bed she usually stays up about an hour reading, or talking to herself. Lately when we stand outside of her door to listen to her, she talks about her MeMaw, Papa, Granny and Gramps. It is adorable listening to her - she makes up stories about them. The girls and I made our first outing the other day - it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. I need to work on my time management. I'm sure after a few times out, I'll get the hang of it! I also posted some pictures of the girls' rooms. Elise just got new sheets and pillows - she is very proud of them. "Mommy, these are bootiful!" She has a print of a receipt from the day she was born made by Joe as well as a print by Jay Ryan.
Olivia's nursery has a blue bird/flower theme. It's a sweet room and makes me happy when I enter it. The deer in the background is one of Joe's first pieces of art. My mom gave me a piece of work I did in Kindergarten and I have Elise's first print she made at the Childrens' Museum. I'm planning on framing both my piece and Elise's and hanging them in one of the rooms. Anyway, there you have it. More to come hopefully next week!
Enjoy.

No comments: