Things have finally settled down here at the Lupo household! We were sent home from the hospital late Monday night and had to return on Tuesday afternoon due to Olivia's high Bili-count - which basically means she was jaundice. We were admitted back to the hospital for the night and had to put her under the "uv" lights. She looked like a raccoon at a rave - poor thing. It was a very long and intense night, but we survived and she's doing great! Her count had gone down by Wednesday morning and we were able to head back home. We've finally unpacked our bags and have kind of organized ourselves. Elise has struggled a little with Joe and I being gone, but now that we're back things are better. She didn't quite understand why the baby she met in the hospital was at our house. Here is our conversation the day Olivia came home (mind you Elise had a very confused face this entire time):
Me: Elise, your baby sister Olivia is downstairs
E: That Olivia from the doctor's?
Me: Yes, your baby sister
E: You brought that baby here at my house?
Me: Yes, she's going to be living with us
E: Oh, she's staying here with Elise?
Me: Yes, let's go see her
We went downstairs and my mom was holding Olivia, Elise just looked at her confused and then looked at me. I explained again that this was the same baby from the hospital and that she is her sister and will be living with us in the new baby room. Now that she's seen Olivia here for a long period of time, we think she's understanding. It was definitely a story to put down in the books. Anyway, Elise is very loving and kind to Olivia and tells everyone to be gentle with her. She wants to give a helping hand with everything! Earlier today Elise was teaching Olivia how to eat and drink like a "big girl". It's exciting and fun to watch Elise learn about her new sister. We gave her a small photo album to carry around in her purse with new pictures of Olivia so she can share it with her friends. So far, this has been a great thing. She's very proud. It has been a blessing to have my mom here to help out. My Aunt Sylvia just arrived and has been entertaining Elise. It's been so nice having the extra hands - I'm very thankful! Anyway, the adjustments will take time, but we couldn't be happier. Olivia is a beautiful and sweet baby girl and I can't stop staring at her! Elise seems so much bigger to us! I will try to post pictures as much as possible. While you wait, enjoy these few shots!
5 comments:
Olivia is just beautiful. I love her blonde hair. I love the conversation you and Elise had. So cute! Glad that Olivia is getting over her jaundice. Best wishes to the new family of 4.
Olivia is darling!!!! I am so happy that you guys are home and getting situated. I love the story about Elise...Priceless! I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you guys! Much Love!!
Seriously she is a BEAUTIFUL baby...and I am not just saying that to be nice...she IS beautiful, way to go you guys:) So glad your stay back at the hospital was short lived and that your mama and auntie can be there for you. ENJOY this time with the help and can't wait to see more pics!!!!!!
OK I need to say that E is just as BEAUTIFUL as O and is beyond precious!!!! (I felt like I sounded like this is your cute baby so I wanted to clarify!!!!)
Beautiful baby girl! And big sister is a cutie too!
Congratulation!
Post a Comment