Monday, August 16, 2010

new house, new job - lots happening here!























Life has been quite busy for the Lupo household lately! In fact, I'm only posting this b/c my sister continues to bug me about pictures of the house and the work we've done. So, I'm going to quickly recap what has happened in the past few months:
1. Elise turned 4! I can't believe it - my mom always said that life goes by too quickly and it is so true! She is starting Pre-K soon and will be going to school full-time. It's exciting, but nerve wrecking at the same time. I'm going to have to pack a lunch now - which Elise is the most excited about (new lunchbox, book-bag, water bottle). She can't wait. She's also starting soccer soon and looks adorable in her uniform! Elise's birthday party was Princess Tiana themed - I have to say I was a little disappointed with myself and this party b/c I always try to do something extra special, but this year it just didn't happen. The lesson I learned, however, is that it really doesn't matter how "great" you make the party- the kids have just as much fun. Elise had a blast and was so happy to have all her little friends with her for the afternoon.

2. I have a new job! AAAAhhhh - I'm officially out of the classroom - which is very bittersweet. I started last week and I have to say that I'm loving it. I'm seeing the behind the scenes of a school district and learning a ton! So this transition is huge and one that will be happening for awhile I think.

3. We bought a new house!!! Another AAAAAHHHHH! We purchased a "fixer-upper" if you will. The yard was totally overgrown. There was an inoperable pool that was disgusting w/ bull frogs living in it. The interior of the house is straight from the late 80's, early 90's. So we had our work cut out for us. We had the pool filled in and the backyard completely renovated. My dad came out for a week and he and Joe worked their butts off cutting down trees, digging up roots (LOTS OF ROOTS), bringing in dirt etc....We now have a backyard w/ grass growing and the front yard is getting there. We had a new sidewalk and steps put in and we're slowly ripping off horrible pastel pink/blue wallpaper. We also gutted a bathroom and I can officially say that I can drywall! So there's lots happening in the house, but we are so happy here. Our neighborhood is awesome - people actually walk past the house and applaud us for the efforts in the yard - it's a riot!

4. Joe has been promoted at WVU and has a solo show coming up in Nashville - we are pumped about visiting. He is working hard on his work and getting prepped for his upcoming school year.

5. Olivia Carmen is discovering new things everyday. She was sweet and quiet in the beginning, but we're starting to discover that she may be a bit of a "quiet" trouble-maker. We're having a blast watching Liv show-off in her Livvy way.

So I hope this catches everyone up and the pictures are probably out of order, but I'm sure you can figure out the before, during and after shots!
Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Chicago Belly said...

This is such a cute house! Lots more room! I love the picture of Joe & Paul with the tree - so special. CONGRATULATIONS!

becko said...

OMG, I LOVE your dad in the hat. Just makes me wanna squeeze him!!
The house looks great so far! Can't wait to see what you DIY-ers do next!