Thursday, October 9, 2008

Okay, I'm back...for now...



So as my friend Amy put it, "Elise has been 2 for awhile now." This is true and it is time to update. This is why I questioned if I should even start a blog - I'm not very good at committing myself to updates. I've had multiple requests and maybe even a few threats that I need to make a new posting and so here it goes.
This summer was great! We were in Illinois for most of the time. Joe had a residency at Prairie Center for the Arts in Peoria, so Elise and I tagged along. We had a marvelous house in Germantown Hills, however, we tended to stay at my parents' house a lot. It was easier and Elise had more fun. Joe created some amazing new pieces that he will hopefully be showing soon. Elise had a blast hanging out with her friends and cousins! She and Elisabeth couldn't get enough of each other! Being back in Illinois was fun for me too! I was able to catch up with friends/family and I truly enjoyed watching Elise interact with her cousins. We also found out that we are expecting baby #2! We are pumped, especially after all the health scares I had in the spring. We got back to WV in August after the St. Jude run and the craziness began! I honestly don't think we've relaxed since we have been back.
School started in late August for both of us. I'm still teaching 4th grade, and Joe is still teaching at WVU. I'm also taking some classes this fall - and I'm working on my internship as administrator - so my responsibilities at school have doubled!
We have been fortunate this fall to have so many visitors. Joe's parents stopped by over Labor Day. We went to the Italian/American Heritage Festival where I ate the best meatball sandwich ever! In early October, my Aunt Sylvia, Mom, Susan and her son Louden came out. We had the greatest time. We went apple picking, ate a lot and laughed even more! It was also fun to watch Elise interact with Louden. She played "Mom" - to the point where she told my sister she was basically in charge.
I'm growing daily and loving every minute of it. Elise doesn't quite understand what is happening, however, she does enjoy to rub my belly with lotion and say, "I'm giving baby in belly a baby massage." It's going to be interesting watching her reaction to the development of our new little one. So I think that's about it in a nutshell. I'm signing off for now, but I will be posting more soon (I PROMISE). Thanks for reading....

elise and louden

elise apple picking

Being silly

2 comments:

Chicago Belly said...

Seriously? You had a house in Germantown Hills.....I had no idea. I think your staying at your Mom's comment was a bit understated!!! Love the new pix of Elise. Can't wait to see some of your belly when you get one!

Katie said...

That picture of Elise and Louden is so precious!!!! It looks like you guys had a great time!