Thanks again for everyone making special trips to see us and celebrate the special occasions with us! )
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Summer Rewind....
A lot has happened since I last posted, so my goal is to write multiple posts about the summer. I'm starting with the beginning of June - this was probably the most adventurous portion of our summer!!!! We had a weekend (THREE DAYS) to celebrate a wedding, baptism, birthday party and buy a new car! The summer began with Joe and I packing up Livvy to begin our road-trip back to Illinois. Elise was already there spending time with Memaw, Papa, Granny and Gramps. We packed up "Elliot" (the Subaru) and ventured off on I79. We decided to leave late, so that Liv would be able to sleep most of the night. We made it to Champaign, IL when the steering wheel began to shake (not just a little, but violently). Mind you it was about 2:00 AM when this occurred, out in the middle of nowhere. We decided we couldn't make it home, so after much deliberation, many phone calls home and three tow truck companies later, we decided to stay over night. We dropped Elliot off at a dealership and headed off to the hotel. My sister found us a hotel outside of Champaign (which according to the tow truck driver is the "big city"). It was the type of hotel where I had to sleep with one-eye open! Anyway, in the morning the dealership called us and told us we blew a head gasket. The repair was extremely expensive. So again, after many discussions, phone calls home and to dealerships we decided to have Elliot towed back to Morton where we would just trade him in for a new car. When we arrived in Morton we immediately began our search for a new car. Needless to say we were exhausted, frustrated and a bit irritable. Anyway, we had to decide on a car and purchase it by Saturday b/c Joe had to return back to WV to begin his classes. On Saturday morning we decided to go with a Ford Escape and had purchased the car before 12:00 PM. I don't think I've ever seen Joe so nervous in my entire life! Anyway, we got back to my parents' house in time to wash up and head off to the church to watch my cousin get married. We had a great time at the reception and forgot about the debacle of buying a new car (at least I did). My cousin's wedding was a great time - I was around my family and friends. The next morning we had to get up early because it was time to celebrate Olivia's baptism. I felt truly blessed during her baptism. We were surrounded by our family and friends. I had three great friends in attendance - Becca from Kindergarten, Laura and Becky from my Bradley years. Livvy is one lucky girl - her godparents are Joe's sister, Gina and one of my very best friends from Bradley - Becky! Becky and I clicked from the first time we met each other! We are the type of friends who just "get each other". As her younger sister would say, "You and Becky can look at each other and just know what the other is thinking." We also share the same beliefs as far as Christianity and raising a family. Anyway, it means so much to me that she is a special part of Liv's life! Becky also brought her son Jack (Elise's prince). After the baptism, we headed off to the Freedom Hall for a baptism/birthday party. Elise's birthday is June 25, so since we had both our families and friends in one room, we decided to celebrate her 3rd birthday. The party was so much fun! The girls dressed up like princesses, all the kids made crowns and there was great food. The castle cake was homemade and it was all edible. So my favorite part of the party was when I brought the cake out. After Elise blew out the candles, Jack asked if he could have one of the windows (which was a Starburst). I told him of course he could. Then Elisabeth asked if she could have a tower (sugar cone), Elise wanted a window, Julia wanted a marshmallow etc...So the kids ended up demolishing the cake, and I loved every minute of it. They had the best time taking it a part and eating all the different pieces of it. After the party, Joe packed up our new Ford Escape, "Maude" and took off to WV. We cleaned up the hall, headed home and took naps! The weekend was a whirlwind of events, but it was actually a blast. I posted some pictures - I hope you enjoy!
Thanks again for everyone making special trips to see us and celebrate the special occasions with us! )










Thanks again for everyone making special trips to see us and celebrate the special occasions with us! )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment